Toroidal transformer replacement
So you are still running your nakamichi deck with a step-up / step-down transformer?
UPGRADE TO OUR NEW TOROIDAL REPLACEMENT!
Yes, this is an old problem with some decks, bought in US (110VAC) and used in Europe (230VAC) or vice-versa, because not all decks were made with multi voltage transformers!
Running these decks in with a step-up / step-down transformer is really annoying, and extra cabling and space is needed.
The nice guys at Peebles Audio Engineering (we) have designed a brand new, made-to-order Toroidal Transformers, to fit older Nakamichi Models. The model currently under testing will fit at least these models: 1000ZXL, ZX7, ZX9, RX505. They will be dual voltage, pin to pin compatible with these decks. This means the units will be 0-115-230V, so they should be good World Wide!
Some of the advantages are:
- Get rid of the pre-transformer – for ever, these units are multi-voltage!
- Toroidal transformers are more efficient than isolated core
- The transformer is more compact that an E core equivalent, so mounting options are greater – it will fit inside your deck!
- Low dispersion field, lower noise. Get better performance!
- Easy to fit: It will fit inside your deck, and comes with the exact same color code as the original!