Restoring the monster (1000-ZXL)
This is my repaired to “as new condition”1000-ZXL.
I welcome myself into the “I Restored a Nak-1000 ZXL and survived” hall of fame.
These are the faults I found:
- No meters.
- Bad dynamics on meter after PP caps replacement
- Bad 400Hz tone (PP cap problem)
- No FF, REW or PLAY, because of idler tyre
- Hi W&F, needed new belts.
- Worn pressure rollers / guides, out of alignment
- Hardened grease, and oil spill all over mech.
- Damaged (chipped) erase head
These are the repairs I had to do:
- Orange PP caps replaced in all boards.
- Troubleshoot meter dynamics: Bad CMOS Switch on Display board was replaced.
- Troubleshoot az. adjustment: Bad Flip-Flop on logic board replaced
- Full electronic calibration
- Heads demagnetized.
- Change idler tyre & belts
- Clean old grease, relubbe.
- Fit new erase head, rollers, guides.
- Full mech. alignment
- Wood cabinet sent for full restoration (no Pics available yet)